May 27, 2020 Food and Beverage Canada – Aliments et boissons Canada hosted its second Annual General Meeting and elected the following Executive Committee for the 2020-2022 term.
* Co-Chair, Michael Burrows, CEO Maple Lodge Farms
* Co-Chair, Daniel Vielfaure, Deputy CEO, Bonduelle Group & CEO, Bonduelle Americas
* Vice Chair, Norm Beal, CEO Food and Beverage Ontario
* Treasurer, Joe Makowecki President & CEO Heritage Frozen Foods
* Corporate Secretary, Del Rollo, VP Industry & Government Relations, Arterra Wines Canada
* Officer at Large, Rosemary MacLellan VP, Strategy & Industry Relations, Gay Lea Foods
The organization also released its Annual Report which reviews activities in 2019 and the shift in 2020 to business sustainability due to the COVID-19 global pandemic. The COVID-19 crisis has demonstrated that the food and beverage manufacturing industry continues to be misunderstood and undervalued by key decision makers and federal departments in Ottawa. In 2020, Food and Beverage Canada – Aliments et boissons Canada, will place an even greater emphasis on articulating the importance of the industry to the food supply chain and the support needed to ensure businesses will be viable.